20091017

The Blue Mansion

Picture from www.thebluemansion.com

I saw today my first Singaporean movie. It was called The Blue Mansion and it is about a rich Singaporean family, whose patriarch has died unexpectedly. His funeral is getting messy when the family's secrets start to roll out. I will not reveal more than that, you should see it. Or should you?

The film is very well made, I like especially the setting. The blue mansion is beautiful, I did not know such places exist in Singapore. The filming, lighting, colors and music are good, too. But the story... Well, it is very Singaporean, a bit of everything. Most surprising parts of the movie were racism against Indians (based on the audience reactions), swearing and gay issues which are banned from other media.

3 comments:

  1. actually the entire show was shot in Penang ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaat? This is fraud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. singapore and penang...sama sama :)

    ReplyDelete