20090717

Lost in translation


Being sick is never fun. When you're just lying fragile on the couch unable to do anything sensible, it is time to watch long lost DVDs. That is what I did yesterday.

I watched Lost in Translation. I have seen it when it first came out in 2003. It is a funny film. Actually nothing noteworthy happens in it, but still it is a very enjoyable film. Maybe because of Sofia Coppola's direction. A former movie star comes to Tokyo to make a scotch commercial and is totally lost in the strange language and culture. I had the exactly same feeling yesterday, lost in my own home. Fortunately feeling better today.

Another thing I like about Lost in Translation is Tokyo. It is one of my favorite cities. It is huge, crazy, organized, polite, clean and absolutely charming. I can not wait my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment